- You know what? I love feel-good stories from Cambodia - and here is a great story about a successful Cambodian businesswoman who prospered against the odds. Phnom Penh can also boast some swish new restaurants. A boutique brewery is also doing roaring business. Tragedy tourism is also increasingly profitable.
- But of course Phnom Penh has its more difficult side, and this is the way a lot of people live.
- I think the renovations have finished at Central Market, and traders seem to be pleased.
- There's no denying that Cambodia has some pretty peculiar political connections - it remains one of the only places in the world where you can bump into North Koreans.
- A lot of people are being pumped out of Cambodia's universities, but there is still a huge skill shortage.
- The Khmer Rouge trials continue, though the accused are by now elderly and frail.
- Remember the horrible tragedy at Diamond Bridge last year? They are going to build a memorial there.