6 inspiring pieces of music from Avril Carruthers
Psychotherapist, healer and author Avril Carruthers is my October guest for the
Inspirational Conversation at Ultimo Library. Avril is a fascinating woman, and you can book your free place for this event here.
In the meantime, I thought I would ask Avril what music inspired her. She got back to me with some beautiful pieces:
1. Gabriel's Oboe by Ennio Morricone from the movie The Mission.
2. Prayer in Passing by Anoushka Shankar, from the album Rise.
3. Le Lac by Bruno Coulais from the movie Himalaya: L'enfance d'un chef.
4. Djan Djan by Mamadou Diabate from the album Djan Djan.
5. C Major Prelude from the Well Tempered Clavier, played by Darron Flagg in the movie Baghdad Cafe.
6. The Hour by Joseph Tawadros from the album The Hour of Separation.
And one more for the road....
7. Jai Ho by A.R. Rahman from the movie Slumdog Millionaire.
Avril Carruthers is the author of Let Your Past Go and Live and Freedom From Toxic Relationships. She holds regular workshops and has been in practice for over twenty years. She is also a film reviewer. Avril will be my guest at Inspirational Conversations at Ultimo Library at 6pm Wednesday the 30th of October. You can book your free place at this event here.