Digital DIY at the NSW Writers' Centre
This year I am proud to be a part of the Digital DIY seminar at the NSW Writers' Centre.
If you are a writer looking to explore the options for publishing your work in the digital space, this two-day seminar will be very helpful.
Digital DIY: Reaching Your Readers with Ebooks and Print on DemandWho: Linda Funnell, Anna Maguire, David Henley and Guests
|Anna Maguire, one of the seminar's conveners|
When: Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 November, 10am – 4pm
Cost: Full price: $350; Member: $250; Conc Member: $210
Want to take control of your publishing? Interested in ebooks? Unsure about Print-on-demand?
This two-day seminar covers the nuts and bolts of doing your own digital publishing, from identifying your audience to formats, uploads and promotion.
Convenor Linda Funnell has extensive experience as a publisher and will introduce you to the key points of taking a book to readers with a series of expert speakers including: Anna Maguire (@Digireado) on preparing your files and ebook production; David Henley on the possibilities of digital publishing; and author Walter Mason on the how to use social media effectively.
|Linda Funnell, convener|
- You’ve got a book – what is it and who is it for?
- Ebooks or print on demand or both?
- Editing essentials: Before you even think about uploading, think about editing
- Producing Your Book
- Production: preparing your files, making your book, key decisions re conversion
- Getting the word out: marketing and promotion
- Success stories from a panel of authors
Online Booking here