New Books - Miscellaneous
I think I am going to have to go on a book buying fast sometime real soon. I simply have too many things I NEED to read right now. But until then, here is a miscellaneous pile of books I've bought recently. From the top:
- The Essential Andy Warhol by Ingrid Schaffner
- Christina Rossetti Selected Poems - A lovely little edition I can easily pop into my bag. My favourite religious maniac.
- Sister Wendy's Book of Muses - I have a thing for nuns. I will buy ANY book written by a nun. Sister Wendy is the queen of nuns.
- Power Through Constructive Thinking by Emmet Fox - Fox is one of the great New Thought teachers, but I haven't read much of him. One of Louise Hay's great influences.
- Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing by Mignon Fogarty - OK, I grew up in the 70s when they decided they didn't have to teach grammar to children anymore. I carry this shame and burden every day. I need education.
- Wisdom of the Mystic Masters by Joseph J. Weed
- The Angel Therapy Handbook by Doreen Virtue - I have in the back of my head a vague idea to write an academic paper or serious essay on Doreen Virtue one day. I am fascinated by her.
- The Truth of the Messengers by Bhikkhu Buddha Dhatu - There is a LOT of back story to this book. He used to be my guru, many moons ago (I mean that literally - I was one of his religious students). He has been travelling the world as a mendicant for many years now, and by chance I saw this book being given away for free outside my local vegetarian shop. Extremely eccentric.
- To Cambodia With Love by Andy Brouwer - A kind of literary travel-guide - it looks lovely.
- The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ by Levi - A new-age channelled classic, was quite influential in Australia in the first part of the 20th century - I have never read it.
- Macquarie PEN Anthology of Australian Literature ed. Nicholas Jose - This was a gift, and a fabulous one too. Nicholas Jose is a colleague and a legend.
- Constance: The Tragic, Scandalous Life of Mrs. Oscar Wilde by Franny Moyle - The moment I heard about this one I had to get it. I collect Wildeana.