We need to have our bathroom renovated, and these kinds of large-scale projects are the sorts of things that have me waking up screaming at night. For some reason it brings out the very most anxious part of my personality. So for the next few days I am going to have tradesmen traipsing in and out of the house telling me the awful truth about what needs to be done and how much it's all going to cost. To avoid thinking about bathrooms, I've been surfing the net:
- I'd like to check out the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple in Singapore. And also the Taiqing Palace Taoist Temple in China. And in case you were stuck, here are 10 things you must do in Ho Chi Minh City - from Travel Blackboard.
- LoneLeePlanet presents us with 10 weird things eaten in Japan. Fish sperm, anyone?
- I always tell myself I should go and see more musical theatre, and Maryann Wright tells us that Australia is the place to be when it comes to musical theatre.
- Just when you thought you knew everything there was to know about Twitter, along comes 50 things you ought to be doing on it. From Book Buzzr.
- Discrimination against fat people is both endemic and encouraged in our culture.
- The Australian tells us that Christos Tsiolkas is threatening the ABC.
- All will be revealed when the Dalai Lama turns 90.
- I was very keen to buy Boy George's new book, but as Wonderwall explains, it was going to cost me around $300. Yikes!
- Australian sci-fi author Marianne de Pierres talks about how she started her career.