Some interesting stuff about Cambodia that's been floating around:
- Cambodian Australian Alice Pung has just published a new book about her father's experiences in Cambodia.
- I ache for the delicious lemongrass soup that is ubiquitous in Phnom Penh. And the beef salad.
- A monastery library in Siem Reap.
- Screen Comment gives a cautious review to Phnom Penh Lullaby, but I think it sounds like a fascinating documentary about a love affair between a Jewish man and a Khmer woman.
- Life is hard on the streets of Phnom Penh, and Phnom Penh Post gives us a few wonderful essays on people trying to make their livings there.
- The literacy rate in Cambodia is till only 70% according to Voice of America.
- The famous (and dangerous) bamboo train.
- The Herald Sun re-opens the case of Australian David Wilson, murdered in Cambodia in the early 90s.