I'm working on my thesis, people - busy scribbling away and sinking my head into books both fascinating and incomprehensible. But, being me, my mind wanders to thoughts of how I might be able to better capitalise on all this industry and turn it into an opportunity to self-promote...would welcome any ideas. Here are some interesting things I've been reading:
- Why people aren't reading your blog and another item on how to make your blog comment count.
- Dumb Little Man gives us 9 immediate tips to help us stay focused on our goals, and Zen Habits helps us further by giving us tips on how not to procrastinate.
- Ghana wants to get rid of the gays, and Same Same tells us about Paul Evans Aidoo, the world's newest monster.
- There's to be a Persian verison of Jersey Shore (heaven!), but until then we have Series 4 to look forward to - check out the trailer here. Apparently the show's co-creator is herself a Guidette, so it was all along a celebration - I suspected as much.
- Two books from Julian Barnes that I have to read now - The Sense of an Ending and his short story collection Pulse.
- They're spontaneously creating images of the Virgin Mary and Karen Armstrong writes about humanity's constant curiosity about relics.
- Cher is going to do a Lady Gaga song on her next album, and Miss Gaga's meat dress has been preserved for posterity. She couldn't avoid angering Bette Midler, though.
- Angelina Jolie feeds her children crickets.