I've become addicted to Real Housewives of Atlanta, and I really can't afford to be. I have to keep up my chapter-a-month schedule, or else my thesis will never get written. Still, despite my slow progress I am working hard every day on research, which is why I fail to panic. I know that a fascinating Doctoral dissertation is just waiting out there in the Universe for me to access. Until it manifests, here are some interesting tidbits from the www:
- The New York Times reviews Bruce Chatwin's letters, a collection that I want to read.
- Bibliophiles are inclined to overstate things, and Rick Gekoski hoses the love of books down a little.
- Just in time for the Australian winter, Snooki has released a line of slippers. Once again, my life is complete.
- We all know that privacy is dead, and some people are distinctly uncomfortable about its passing. The social future is dissected by Andrew Keen at Wired.
- The gorgeous Sharon Salzberg, one of my literary and spiritual heroines, just wants us all to be happy.
- Confessions of a Ci-Devant has a fab pic of Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in a film being shot now.