I'm not very good about keeping up with events in people's lives. I invariably remember birthdays a week or so after the event, and I normally don't get around to buying my mother a Christmas present. A shameful confession, I know, but there you have it. That is why I am humbled by and made grateful for all of the lovely people who remembered my birthday (and it was a big one) yesterday. Yes, I know Facebook makes it all so much easier, but even that doesn't seem to work for me. So I'm impressed that people can be so sweet. Thank you.
- I know I need some sort of system to make my blog better and more interesting. This one looks like it could work.
- OMG! always has the best goss, and this time it's Jim Carrey playing gay in his newest movie. It's not the first time - does no-one remember Cable Guy?
- I'm on a diet, so a lemon cupcake with lemon curd filling and lemon cream cheese frosting is the stuff of fantasy for me.
- I'm always distracted by geeky stuff, and here is some great advice on using Youtube as a tool for developing your blog and your profile.
- Italo Calvino and the survival of literature.