I'm constantly surprised by how slowly I am writing my PhD thesis. I used to pride myself on writing quickly. I always used to say that once I actually started writing it just poured out of me. But that is not the case with this work, which lumbers along unbearably slowly. It really is taking around a fortnight to write a chapter. Exhausting stuff. Here's what has kept me sane:
- Pictures of fennecs. What can I say, I'm a simple man.
- Geishas were big in the 80s (can anyone else remember Boy George dressing like one?). I am always fascinated to read books about them, and this new one sounds a corker.
- I'll admit it, I love Twitter. Mashable seems to think it just might save the world.
- Social Media Examiner explains how to make our blogs outstanding.
- Ian Buruma is a fascinating writer, though I don't always agree with him. Here he reviews the new Bernhard Schlink novel.