My research group is having its annual soiree tonight, and I'd better get there early, because the bar tab tends to dry up pretty quick. Authors are great drinkers, especially when cocktails are on offer. Have been battling a migraine for two days (should one battle with one's pains?), but I think I say that almost every week, and I don't want to bore people. Had a splendid weekend, with friends and family coming to visit me, and I just love showing off my own little peculiar piece of Sydney. Here's what I've been looking at:
- Kelly McGillis got married - to another lady! Bless 'em both.
- Band of Thebes alerted me to the fact that Sacha Baron Cohen will be playing Freddie Mercury in a biopic! Fabulous!
- The pope is to make that glorious old queen Cardinal Newman a saint. And about time, too!
- Authors can be shy (yes, even me) and Irene Watson provides us with some techniques to help us with promotional work.
- Are we meant to be happy? An endless question, and another old grump weighs in on the debate over at the Guardian.