I've actually been working really hard this past week, and I feel damned proud of myself, too. I am a little anxious because I have to write my first book review for an academic journal, and I am a little anxious. I am normally such a gossipy old thing, you see, so I will have to put my solemn hat on and concentrate on the facts. Here are some things that have had me distracted this week:
- Buddhist Geeks (a beautifully designed site, btw) has a nice entry on Siddham and the traditions of Buddhist calligraphy - something I've always been very interested in, and which I touch on briefly in Destination Saigon.
- Spice Temple is a glamorous restaurant in Sydney and WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT IT? It looks fabulous, and Chocolate Suze has made me put it on my list.
- I'm reading a really fascinating book by Jonathan Black at the moment, and I was delighted to stumble upon this retro news item from 1969 by him, detailing a gay march in NYC. Oh, how the world has changed (or has it?).
- Benedictine news has been crazy this week, what with Lady Gaga signing up the nuns. I'm fascinated with Benedictine history, and have found a new monastery (well, new to me) that I wanna visit.
- Did you say you wanted to read more about obscure Quakers? Say no more.