I have been swimming like crazy, but still haven't dropped a dress size - what's that all about? Pretty soon I'm going to have to start dieting, and if that happens, get out of my way - I'm never at my best when my blood sugar levels are low. Working like crazy on my PhD - am actually starting to produce stuff, which feels nice after about 18 months of solid research and rotting away in libraries. Hopefully I will start submitting a few conference papers soon. On my off moments, here are some blog entries that have distracted me:
- Book Soup Blog has a feature on flappers. I LOVE flappers - I think I was one in a past life. I wanna read all of these books.
- So why do we think we have a soul at all? A fascinating and involved essay on the matter at Killing the Buddha
- A nice little reflection on Victims - surely the most beautiful Culture Club song? At The Gospel According to Richard Croft - one of the quirkier blog projects around
- Wanna be a successful blogger? Like you, I'm still trying. Pick up some tips at Copyblogger - The 7 Secrets of Running a Wildly Popular Blog
- And a culturally-appropriate review of a book I have on my "to read" list - My Jesus Year